From Team Gershon's Barbara Trecker:
"Perry Gershon got 36% of the vote among a group of five candidates. Thanks to all those MFM members who wrote 1000 postcards to help him to victory. Perry and his campaign were extremely grateful to us for our work, and it paid off. Now it’s on to November, when Perry will take on Republican and Trump supporter Lee Zeldin. There are lots of opportunities for MarchingForward members, including post cards, telephone calls, and on-site visits. Stay posted for more details."
To join Team Perry Gershon, or one of the other AAC teams,
send an email to: email@example.com
See email below from Gershon's campaign to supporters:
- Last night, Long Island voters loudly said enough.
- Enough to extremist politicians like Lee Zeldin and Donald Trump.
- Enough to attempts to gut health care, Medicare, and Social Security.
- Enough to the NRA pulling the strings in Congress without concern for the people who've died from gun violence.
- Enough to kickbacks, giveaways, and special favors for the special interests.
- Enough to leaders who embrace white supremacists and anti-Semites.
- Enough to ripping families apart on our southern border, enough to locking up asylum-seeking families like they're criminals.
While I am honored to be your Democratic nominee for Congress for New York's first congressional district, this election goes beyond party.
This is about every last one of us who dreams of a better future for our families, friends, and community. That dream transcends party affiliation and gets to the beating heart of our democracy, who we are as a people.
This November, Long Island and America have a choice: more of the same, more of out-of-touch career politicians like Lee Zeldin and Donald Trump?
Or a movement, coast-to-coast, of millions of Americans. Small business owners. School teachers. First-time voters. Parents striving for a better future for their children.
Add your name to join this movement: it's time to fire Lee Zeldin, take back the House, and stop Donald Trump.
- Medicare for All.
- Keeping our communities safe by banning assault weapons.
- Protecting our clean air and water from pollution.
- A robust economy with family-wage jobs. Equality for all.
- Protecting a woman's right to make her own health care choices.
- Humane immigration policies that don't lock children and asylum-seekers in cages.
These are our rallying cries.
Are you in?
Join our movement.
Let's defeat Donald Trump's favorite congressman, Lee Zeldin, and take back our country.
Families Belong Together!
That rallying cry inspired hundreds of thousands across the country last Saturday. A number of Marching Forward members attended the standing room only rally at the Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church in New Bedford. I was in Utah, where the passionate crowd was estimated at 2,500. Here are a few photos from these two of the many hundreds of events across the country.
Thanks to Leslie Knowles for the photos and captions from Bethel AME.
Posted by Katie White