Event: Boston People’s Climate March.
Date and Time: April 29, 2017. 12:00 PM
Location: Boston Common
On April 29, the People’s #ClimateMarch will bring together hundreds of thousands of people from across the country to demand JOBS, JUSTICE, and REAL CLIMATE SOLUTIONS. Here in Boston, we’ll have a full day of workshops and activities to build and grow our movement, starting with an energizing rally at 12pm on Boston Common. Join us!
*Schedule for Boston PCM on April 29*
– RALLY for jobs, justice and bold action on climate on Boston Common
– ACTION TABLES, activities, and art-making on Boston Common
– TEACH-INS on the connections between the climate fight and other struggles for justice–including racial justice, immigrant justice, worker justice, and more–at SEIU 32BJ (26 West St, Boston, next to the Common)
*Other Marches to Support*
On May 1, just two days later, immigrants, workers and supporters across the country, including in Boston, will be marching and striking for dignity and respect. Instead of hosting a separate march on April 29, we’ll be asking the Boston climate movement to show up in force and take to the streets on May 1. Join us as we mobilize alongside our brothers and sisters in the immigrants’ rights and labor movements. More details soon!
And for more on the connection between this event and the March for Science on April 22, see here: peoplesclimate.org/faqs
*We Mobilize To…*
1) Advance solutions to the climate crisis [that are] rooted in racial, social and economic justice and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
2) Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
3) Immediately stop attacks on immigrants, communities of color, indigenous and tribal people and lands and workers.
4) Ensure public funds and investments create good paying jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
5) Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all.
6) Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech.
See more at: peoplesclimate.org
Who is organizing the Boston event?
A local coalition of labor unions, environmental justice groups, faith organizations, youth groups, and climate activism groups has been meeting over the last several months to both a) send hundreds of people from the Boston area to the People’s Climate March in Washington, DC (tinyurl.com/PCMBoston) and b) plan a local PCM action here in Boston. We’re joining forces because we think this could be a transformative moment for the Massachusetts climate movement. We share a powerful vision: together, we want to build a forceful, justice-centered movement that lifts up the voices and leadership of those most affected by climate change. Our work together is grounded in the Jemez Principles for Democratic Organizing: http://www.ejnet.org/ej/jemez.pdf
*Boston PCM Organizing Table*
Alternatives for Community & Environment
Alliance for Climate Education
Youth on Board / Boston Student Advisory Council
Boston Teachers Union
MA Nurses Association
Jewish Alliance for Law & Social Action
MA Interfaith Coalition for Climate Action
Moral Revival Boston
350 Mass for a Better Future
Boston Climate Action Network
Corporate Accountability International
MA Climate Action Network
Mass Energy Consumers Alliance
Mothers Out Front
Sierra Club Massachusetts
Toxics Action Center
Posted by Kevin Lee firstname.lastname@example.org